Does your family require child care, but you are struggling with the cost? Did you know that there are options available in Jackson County that can help you?
If ANY of these statements are true, you may be eligible for the Child Development and Care program through the State of Michigan.
- Your monthly income before taxes is $2,367 or less for a family of four
- You have a job that prevents you from caring for your child
- You are completing a high school diploma
- You are in an approved treatment program
- You are enrolled in college or a training program
- You are preparing for a job opportunity
Before applying gather the following information:
- Proof of child care need
- Proof of income
- Information about your child care provider
When you're ready, follow this link to find more information and to apply, or click on the image to the right to print a paper application. Return it by mail or in person to our local DHS office located at 301 E. Louis Glick Hwy, Jackson MI 49201.
Even if you're over income with the Child Development and Care program, you may be eligible for an Early Learning & Care Scholarship through Child Care Network. If you have a family of two earning $31,860 or less per year or if you are a family of four earning $48,500 or less per year, you are likely to qualify.