Don't plan an elaborate project. Young children have short attention spans, so plan for 5 to 10 minutes. Start small and keep it fun!
As kids grow, they will develop more skills. Grow with them and enlist them for bigger jobs, like measuring ingredients into specific measuring cups and spoons, beating eggs, or mashing potatoes.
Just remember, always be in the kitchen with your child to monitor their progress and to keep them safe.
- Put candy cane in sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on low, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Dip spoons in chocolate.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Place on waxed paper to cool.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and tie with ribbons for gifts.